2016 has been an exceptionally busy and productive year for Ve. From new product launches and office openings, to promising acquisitions and award wins – the company has grown and evolved dramatically in the past year alone.
- Starting off the year as we meant to go on, at Microsoft’s Digital Transformation Forum, Ve received an honorary award for its digital transformation projects, with the event watched by over 2,300 people.
- The year also began with the announcement of Ve’s charity partner for 2016 – Macmillan Cancer Support. So far we have raised well over £10,000, and still going – a huge thank you to everyone who has been involved!
- Marking Ve’s first major award of 2016, Ve was nominated for ‘Best in Class Marketing’ at the annual HSMAI European Awards in London. This was down to consistently great client results, such as with The Gresham Hotel.
- To develop its audience targeting, Ve partnered with AudienceView, a world-leading entertainment business solutions provider that sells over 55 million tickets per year, with over $2 billion in total annual transactions.
- Moving away from intrusive overlays and pop-ups, Ve launched its revolutionary onsite engagement solution, VePanel. Fusing our award-winning suite of solutions into a unified solution, whilst offering personalised and user-friendly engagement, VePanel helps the customer to purchase and drives conversion.
- At the annual Performance Marketing Awards, the leading and largest awards ceremony in the industry, Ve was proud to be nominated for the ‘Most Effective Use of Programmatic’ alongside the likes of Arcadia Group, Facebook and Google.
- Celebrating the UK’s best marketers and campaigns at the Drum Marketing Awards, Ve was nominated for the ‘Best Programmatic Strategy’ at The Drum Marketing Awards.
- At the 14th Annual American Business Awards, Ve also won 3 Stevie Awards, as well as a nomination for the People’s Choice Stevie Award for Favourite New Products.
- To manage Ve’s rapid global expansion, Ve collaborated with Microsoft to upgrade to the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, allowing it to streamline and optimise the service experience for all clients around the world.
- Ve opened another office, this time in Dublin, Ireland – its second office opening of the year and the 34th office since the company’s founding in 2009.
- Looking to expand its product portfolio, Ve acquired video advertising company Optomaton for €5.13m in cash and shares. This acquisition will increase Ve’s exposure in the programmatic video market and help to make a mark in what is a rapidly growing industry.
- At The Drum Digital Trading Awards USA, Ve were delighted to win the ‘Best Use of Performance’ category, following the huge success of our retargeting campaign with Telecharge.
- To Ve’s great excitement, we appointed Stuart Chambers as our Non-Executive Chairman. With a wealth of experience from executive roles at the likes of Shell, Mars and Pilkington/NSG, as well as serving as a non-executive director on seven plc boards, Stuart’s appointment is a powerful statement of Ve’s ambition and growth.
- Ve announced a global collaboration with leading travel technology company, Sabre Corporation, allowing both companies to expand their international reach and industry knowledge.
- At this year’s Great British Entrepreneur Awards, Ve’s CEO David J. Brown was awarded the eCommerce Entrepreneur of the Year in recognition of his contribution to and impact on Great Britain’s eCommerce landscape – a huge congratulations and what a perfect way to end a fantastic year for Ve.
To find out more about Ve, or for further detail on any of these news stories, take a look at our News section.