Location: Farringdon, London
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive salary with company benefits
Ve Interactive is the leading data-driven tech company specialising in programmatic advertising and website optimisation. Ve deliver a range of solutions through one platform which help online businesses successfully drive new traffic, increase customer engagement, minimise website abandonment and boost conversions.
Founded in 2009, Ve is a multi-award-winning company with more than 35 offices worldwide, and in 2015 it topped the Sunday Times Tech Track 100.
As part of Ve Interactive you will be able to embrace the whole stack, from developing infrastructure as code (we use Puppet, and ARM templates), to improving our code base (Java or C#) and to releasing to Production at any time (Octopus, Team City).
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that is in charge of multiple distributed systems in Java and C#. These systems contribute to the data driven efforts the company is doing.
- This team embraces ownership as one of its core values, and the candidate will be expected to do so, by always thinking about how to test the code with other systems involved, and how to build easy and high quality software that could be understood at 3AM.
- As part of this ownership culture, the team is on call when it needs to, and they are metrics driven (influxDB + StatsD). They aim to have a clear snapshot of their applications at any given time of the day by looking to their grafana graphs, and most importantly, they aim to have automated actions that will heal our systems. Ve Interactive wants to make the ideal environment possible, that's why you'll be able to pick the right tool for the job, or work from home when you need to. The team works with technologies like Apache Storm, JVM, Team City, Azure, Puppet, etc. and they follow software engineering best practices.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in Java and JVM, and good knowledge of another languages like C#, Ruby and Node.JS
- Experience with distributed systems like Apache Storm, and infrastructure as code.
- Above basic knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Experience in an agile and continuous integration environment.
- Agile development process experience (Scrum and Kanban).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the initiative to proactively resolve issues.
- OO and multitier design and architectural concepts.
- Thrives in a team environment, whilst also having the discipline to work as an individual on occasion.
- Able to proactively offer ideas and strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong command of English
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us your CV today to email@example.com